Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Cheeseburger Meatball Subs

  YAY for hot water! Last night was the first night we started to get our hot water back. So it was really the first real night of back to cooking in my house. So to celebrate this taken for granted thing I asked everyone what they would like for dinner. I got a unanimous "CHEESEBURGER MEATBALLS! WITH CHEESE SAUCE!!"  Well ok then lol that I can do.

Honestly I am not surprised by this answer mainly that my house LOVES their hamburgers; or hangaburger as the younger ones call it. I have heard whisperings as to what I am getting for Mother's day and it seems that most of my kids think Rachel Ray's Book of Burger's is a very fine idea. Mostly it is a gift for me that I will use for THEM. Apparently this is a win-win situation for all. It kind of makes me giggle at the thought process at such an age but really I wouldn't mind it's being thought of that counts. That and I really like Rachel Ray's stuff.

Now before I give you the good stuff, I need to tell you I have no idea why my kids call the sauce for this "Cheese Sauce." There is no cheese in it or even close to it. The cheese is in the meatballs. But you try arguing with my toddlers and see how far you get lol :)

So here it is:

Cheeseburger Meatball Subs:

What you need:











1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
1 cup cheddar shredded cheese *You can your favorite blend of shredded cheese*
1/4 cup of bread crumbs
1 egg
1/4 cup B.B.Q sauce
1/4 mayo
8 hot dog buns

MAKE IT:

Heat oven to 400
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mix first four ingredients until well blended 




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Spray 13x9 baking pan down with cooking spray

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Shape meat mixture into about 24 meatballs * if serving more the 4 you will need to double all of the ingredients.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Bake for 17 min
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
While meatballs are cooking get a small bowl to start making the sauce

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
In small bowl put the mayo 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Add B.B.Q sauce
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mix well
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Once meatballs are out of the oven I like to drain them on a plate covered in paper towel
 
Take hotdog bun open it and spread sauce inside of bun
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Place 2-3 meatballs on bun. Serve and Enjoy!
 
*Please note that you can top these just like you would a hamburger my kids just like them plain and with any side you like :)
 


 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment