Saturday, April 27, 2013

Homemade Pizza Pockets

"Who wants pizza?" "I do! I do! I do!" "Can I have mine with just cheese?" "Can I have mine with pepperoni?" "Can I have mine with no sauce?" "Mama can I have mine with just veggies and cheese?"
If your home is anything like mine no one can ever agree what they want on their pizza. If I even attempted to accommodate that many people when ordering out I would easily spend around $100 just on pizza! Who spends that much? Sure is not me, nor will I. So here is my quick and easy go to for homemade pizza pockets. I will be showing you just pepperoni and cheese, but hey get creative put whatever you love on your pizza in them.

Just a little added note: My teens Love to have them to take for their lunches. They also make great snacks or on the "We are running so late meals." (Hey that happens a lot round here. Don't judge. Lol.)

What You Need:

2 tubes of crescent rolls (Will make 8 pockets)
27 pepperoni
shredded mozzarella cheese
pizza sauce (about 1 tbsp. each)
wax paper
cooking spray
How To Make It:
Lay wax paper over work surface to prevent crescents from sticking 











Peel off wrapper and pop open crescent tube











 Lay out  crescent rolls on work surface
 









 Cut into 4 squares and press together the seams in the middle of each square










Add about a tablespoon of pizza sauce to each square on only one side










 Add 3 pepperoni's on top of sauce










 Add cheese on top of pepperoni










 Fold unused side over and pinch all 3 sides together










 Lay out all 8 onto a greased cookie sheet










Bake for 15-18 minutes depending how hot your oven is at 325










When cooked pull out of oven and let sit for about 5-10 minutes










 Serve and enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. I bet my kids would love these, yum! Thanks for the follow and visit, returning the favor :)

    http://www.foodieinwv.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Give them a try & let me know how it goes! The kids friends have even started requesting them when they come over!

      Delete