Friday, April 12, 2013

Ode To Gooey Grill Cheese!! In Honor of National Grill Cheese Day!

So two little fact about myself:
  1. I am a LOVER of cheese! I mean I L-O-V-E CHEESE!! As I am saying this I have "Green Eggs and Ham" running through my head... "I will eat it in a house, I will eat it with a mouse." Hell, forget the mouse! That requires sharing! "I would steal it from a house, I would steal it from a mouse...." There much better!
  2. Myself and a few of my Kiddlets have a very bad allergy to corn. Yes I said corn. Apparently it is not such a rare allergy as I first thought, its just not widely talked about and most people don't even realize that have this allergy. So as you can well imagine that makes the day to day of cooking very interesting shall we say, mainly because corn is in EVERYTHING!! No joke. I can not even partake in having a stick of gum because "Sucrose" is actually made from corn sugar. Did you know that? I sure as hay didn't till I looked it up and my Dr. Told me. So when it comes to my oh so favorite "Tex-Mex" style of cooking I tend to be just plum out of luck unless I can use flour tortillas. That means no Nachos nothing that would have a corn chip. Let me tell you it is just a plain bummer because I use to eat ALL that kind of stuff and LOVE it! So I KNOW what I am missing out on lol. 

That is what brings me to todays concoction really. This brings my oh so fave things together in a way I can eat it! OH do I ever eat this let me tell you.

So with no further a due I bring you:

Oven -Toasted Salsa Grilled Cheese!

What you need:











8 slices of Italian bread. This will make 4 sandwiches
1/4 cup Miracle whip Original Spread (or any other mayo you have on hand)
1/4 cup salsa (I like the think n' chunky myself)
8 cheese slices *2 per sandwich*
1 cookie sheet

Make it:

Heat oven to 450










Spread bread with Mayo
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Place 4 bread slices, mayo side down, on cookie sheet; place cheese on bread; then cover with salsa
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Cover with remaining bread with mayo side up; Bake for 12-13 min, or until golden brown, turning after about 6 min.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Once out of the oven let cool for about 2 min. Then serve and enjoy!

        

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, love grilled cheese! Just learned to put pepperoni on it a couple of weeks ago. That was delicious!

    ReplyDelete