Friday, April 26, 2013

Soft Pretzels made In Your Bread Maker! In Honnor Of National Soft Pretzle Day

Who doesn't love a hot soft pretzel that you get from the mall? Let me just tell you how much I LOVE them.. I do. I really really do. But what I don't love one bit is the price you have to pay for them. Or even worse that I would have to pack the troops up and leave the house to get them! I really don't like that.

What I also love to use is the bread maker my family got me 2 holidays ago. Yes they give me appliances and cook books for any given holiday. Mainly because it is a gift for me that I will use for them. But the reason I love it so much is that it takes all the mess work out of making bread. I can latterly set it and forget it till the beeps tell me it's done. Most bread makers these days have a dough setting. This is the setting you will need. I use this like its going out of style.

So when I found a recipe that combined both I was like WOOOHOOO!! Let me tell you the fun I have with these. Today I will show you the basic salted pretzel but coat them with melted butter and cover with cinnamon & sugar or even your favorite popcorn seasoning... the sky is the limit. This is also one of those recipe's that you could get the kids involved no matter their age!

What You Need:


1 cup warm water
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dry yeast
1 egg slightly beaten and set aside
sea salt
preheated oven to 350
greased cookie sheet
bread maker with dough setting
 
How To Make It:

Pull out your bread maker from it's hiding place and make sure all components are set up to manufactures specifications

 Add warm water into bread maker bucket

Add flour


 Add 1/2 tsp. sugar

 Add1/4 tsp. salt
  Make a well in your flour and add 1 tsp. dry yeast

 Close lid set to bread setting and walk away till your machine tells you the dough is ready


Take formed dough from bread maker and lay out on very lightly floured work surface



 Divide dough into pieces and form a long thin roll out of each dough piece

 From dough into pretzel shape; lay on greased cookie sheet


Take small bowl; crack egg and lightly beat it


 
Take beaten egg and lightly brush over pretzels
Take about a 1/2 tbsp. of sea salt and sprinkle over pretzels
 Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes
 
Remove from oven immediately; Serve and Enjoy!
 








No comments:

Post a Comment