Sunday, May 5, 2013

Homemade Donuts and Donut Holes

Now If you have been following along with me about my family and our love for cake I am sure you will not be surprised at our second love for the donut. Donut's are like another version of cake to us and are just as well loved. When I wake up and announce "I am making donuts this morning" wow wouldn't you believe they all come running. These oooie gooie goodness takes about 30 minute so make. So very easy to go to when you unexpectedly find out you have company coming, or on a lazy weekend when you just want to have that something sweet.

My kids love to help cut out the donut holes and add the sugar or glaze on when they are cool enough to touch. Today I have two flavors I am going to show you; cinnamon & sugar as well as Vanilla glazed. I hope you enjoy as much as we do! Oh as a side note if you do not have a small cookie cutter to cut out the holes you can use those little plastic medicine cups that come from the pharmacy when your kids get sick. I have a tone of them around and they are the perfect size for donut holes!

What You Need:
 
 

2 tubes of Pillsbury country biscuits
Vegetable oil (for frying)
1 large pot or Dutch oven
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1/4 Cup sugar
wax paper for working surface
 
If you are making the glazed you will need:
 
1 cup powder sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 tbsp. milk
 
Putting It Together:
 
Put out wax paper on working surface and open tubes of biscuits
 
Take 1 1/2 inch cookie cutter or medicine cup and cut out holes

 
This would be a great time to put your glaze or cinnamon & sugar together and put it aside.
 
Now put oil in large pot and heat it up to 350
 
Once the oil is heated take a slotted spoon and place into the oil

 
After about 30 seconds flip the donut over and let cook till they are golden brown about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes
 
Put all cooked donuts and donut holes on a platter with paper towel to cool then you are ready to sweeten :)
 
Add donut to either sugar or glaze

 
Once coated I lay them back out onto the wax paper for about 5 minutes to let the glaze harden then I serve and enjoy!
 
 
 
As a side note here are some of them being enjoyed!

 

11 comments:

  1. new follower from aloha friday!
    www.violetlulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!

    I'm now following your Blog via Bloglovin through the Aloha Friday Blog Hop! I would love for you to check out my blog www.dolly-dowsie.blogspot.ie and follow if you like.

    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Peace and love from Ireland.
    Fiona
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, I am a new follower from the blog hop via BlogLovin.
    Please follow back at:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/butterflyintheattic
    Have a beautiful day
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I am a new follower from the blog hop, it would be lovely if you could follow me back:
    www.lookingasuare.blogspot.co.uk

    Those doughnuts look like they were well enjoyed!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by!

      Yes they were very much devoured in just under a day!

      On my way over to you now!

      Delete
  5. oh boy! now these are something i could whip up and the fam would freak out! need to try these one weekend, our lil one is obsessed with donuts, and not going to lie, i am too! how can you not be?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they were soo easy!! 20 donuts & 20 holes I figured they would make it till the next day. Not a chance!! Give them a try & if you have any questions I'll be happy to help!

      Delete
  6. These look so good! New follower here from the Friday Blog Hop and The Second Thought (http://thesecond-thought.blogspot.com) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they are! Sorry for the delayed reply.. I will hop on over to you!

      Delete
  7. I found your blog on Aloha Friday and started following on google friend connect. My mom used to make these and they are so delicious!

    Ashley @ http://downsizingashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the follow! Stay tuned I'm working on a few new flavors to add to these!

    ReplyDelete