Friday, July 12, 2013

No-Bake Chocolate Mint Bars



 
OH MY GOODNESS!!! That is the name that these new easy delectable goodness should be called! Now I will be honest and say I did NOT come up with these. One of my many Blog friends did. Her blog is called The spice of Life and you can find the original recipe Here. I have made these twice now and they have been a HIT! Now I may be a little bit bias just because chocolate and mint are my two favorite (besides chocolate and peanut butter of course) combinations.
 
On a little side note I have done this the way I am showing it below with the lined pan with Parchment paper as well as the pan lined with tin foil like I did in my Two-Layer Cookie Fudge it came out of the pan a lot easier with the foil. Probably because I could not figure out how to line the whole pan with parchment paper and have it stay that did not include needing an extra set of hands and lots of tape lol. BUT oh do give it a try!!
 
 
What You Need:
 

 1- 8 inch square pan lined with either part5chment paper or tin foil
1 cup (100 g) chocolate graham cracker crumbs (I used Oreo cookie crumbs)
¾ cup mini chocolate chips
 ¼ cup (20 g) Dutched cocoa powder
½ t coarse sea salt
 ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
4 oz (115 g) semisweet (60-62% cacao) chocolate, melted
½ – 1 t peppermint extract, to taste
 
Put it Together:
 
 Line Pan with your Parchment paper or tin foil
Take Chocolate and microwave it for 60 seconds on high giving it a stir. It may need another 30 seconds depending on your microwave.
In another bowl mix cookie crumbs, coco, salt together
Take melted chocolate add condensed milk and peppermint extract
 
Add to cooking mixture it will be stiff so don't worry!
Fold in mint chocolate chips
Put combined mixture into pan pressing it down with plastic wrap
Take mixture and chill for at least an hour in the fridge to set
Once set take out of pan cut up and plate
 
Serve and Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment