Monday, August 5, 2013

Easy Crock-Pot Pulled Pork

Now as I posted on Saturday we have had a major disaster happen when it comes to our deep freeze. Granted it was pre 1994 when Freon was banned due to the major health hazards it causes. Let me put it this way I believe when my Dad gave it to me it was from when he and my Mom were married. It's been 8 years since they've been apart. So needless to say it was VERY old. But it was still my trusty friend that I made all my huge meals and stored them in. As well when you family is as large as mine your fridge freeze just doesn't cut it. So when the old guy finally cut out it has left me scrabbling to save as much as I could from it.

Pulled Pork is one The Man's favorite meals. If I am even more honest it's pretty much a unanimous favorite for everyone here. So when I was recuing the pork roast I was inundated with requests for pulled pork.

So by popular demand (from my family) I give you:

 Crock-Pot Pulled Pork:
 
What You Need:
 
 
1- 6-8lbs Boneless Rib Pork Roast
1 Bottle of BBQ Sauce divided
2 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
1 1/2 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
1 Tbsp. Dry Onion Flakes
1 1/2 cups Water 
 
Put It Together:
 
Take Roast and put it in Crock-Pot
 Sprinkle Garlic Powder over roast
 Sprinkle Italian Seasoning over roast
 Sprinkle Onion Flakes over roast
Cover roast with half a bottle of BBQ sauce 
Add Water to bottom of Crock-Pot
 Set timer for 4 hrs. 30 min
Once fork tender remove from Crock-Pot and put on platter 

 Fork meat into shreds. Take about 1/2 cup of the drippings to mix in with your remaining BBQ sauce to make it easier to mix and give it some moisture
 Add remaining BBQ sauce
 Top on Favorite style of bun adding any desired toppings.
Serve & Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment