Thursday, January 30, 2014

Corn-Free "Corn Bread"

Hello all my awesome people!

How has your day been? Mines been ok. I have a business trip I'm getting ready for. I leave this weekend. Won't be back till late Tuesday. Fun wow! 

As most of you know that have been following me the last year my family including myself have some serious allergies going on. Corn being a big one. Let me just tell you how much I miss Corn Bread. It's such a shame to make chili & no corn bread to go with it. That was until I stumbled across this little jewl of knowledge. 

Almond flour is an awesome corn substatute!! Well I'll be!! Yahoo now we are cooking!

So here is Corn-Free Corn Bread:

1 cup of Almond Flour packed
3 eggs
1/3 cup butter melted
2 Tbsp. Honey
1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 Tbs. Salt

Putting it together:  

Pre-heat oven to 325

In a 8x8 baking pan spray with cooking spray & line bottom with parchment paper. * this is a must or it will stick to the bottom of the pan* 

Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl. Pour into pan. Spreading it out evenly. 

Bake for 23 minutes. Or until firm & golden. 

Take out of oven let stand for 10 minutes. 

Turn over pan. Remove parchment paper from bottom. Turn bread right side up. Cut & serve!

 This is just the plan version. 

*Note* you can also top it with cheese before going into the oven. Baking it at the same time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment