Monday, May 20, 2013

Chocolate and Maple Glazed Homemade Donuts and Donut Holes

Happy Monday everyone!! Well I have been hard at work the last few days and have decided since you all loved the Homemade Donuts and Donut Holes post sooooo much as did my kids who got to eat them. I thought I would post a few new flavors for everyone to try.

I think I got maybe 2 donut holes out of this batch this time. The Teens had their friends over and before they were even set the donuts were gone. I was lucky to get the few pictures I got lol.

Note To self: DO NOT TELL PEOPLE YOU ARE MAKING DONUTS IF YOU WANT ONE!

Lesson learned!

So I have 2 really easy glazes for you. Most of the stuff you should already have around the house.

If you want the actual donut recipe you can click here or the link above.

What You Need:
 
 
2 cups powdered sugar, divided
5 tbsp. Milk, divided
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tbsp. Maple syrup or table syrup 
 
Chocolate Glaze:
 
In small bowl put 1/4 cup cocoa powder
 
Add 1 cup powdered sugar and 2 tbsp. milk
 
Give a good whisk and you have chocolate glaze! When dipping donuts in glaze make sure they are good and cooled and only dip one side. Let sit for about 10 minutes then serve!
 
 
Maple Glaze:
 
1 cup powdered sugar
 
Add vanilla remaining milk and Maple syrup
 
Give a good whisk and you have maple glaze! this you can glaze on both the large donuts and donut holes!
 
Let Stand for 10 minutes.
then serve and enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment